Monday, July 27, 2015

Ocean Crafts

Kate and I have managed to squeeze in a few ocean crafts over the last couple of weeks.  

I covered a cardboard fish shape with foil and gave her oil pastels and Sharpies to make her own Rainbow Fish.


She colored an envelope and together we turned it into a shark.  Kate enjoyed a silly game where the shark asked for different letters to eat, and she would feed him.


She loves to play with shaving cream, so I squirted some on a tray and let her add acrylic paint and swirl it all around with a wooden skewer.


So pretty.
We read Mister Seahorse by Eric Carle, and I cut a seahorse shape out of card stock for Kate to marble.
 She pressed both sides into the pretty shaving cream and then we left it to dry.

 Kate played in the paint and shaving cream quite happily.

 After a while, Kate and I used the squeegee to scrape the shaving cream off of the seahorse.  Once it dried, Kate added an eye and a mouth.
We have read a lot of ocean themed books too.  She is especially fond of I Spy Under the Sea by Edward Gibbs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very fun!! The shaving cream seahorse turned out awesome!!