Saturday, July 30, 2011

Fun With Food - Day 4 - Rocket Fuel


C and R both enjoyed these rocket ship quesadillas.  I used my kitchen shears to cut the tortillas to look like rockets (not perfect, but as long as they are recognizable to the kids, I am happy!).  R's quesadilla was filled with black beans, cheese, and chicken.  C's quesadilla was just a super thin layer of mashed black beans (so that he has no idea they are there) and cheese.  Red pepper strips create the rocket flames.  Blackberries and blueberries are the sky.


They both cleaned their plates!

7 comments:

MaryAnne said...

What a great snack! I love seeing the creative things you do with your kids' snacks.

Kelly said...

They look great. Juiciness loves quesadillas. I should do some shaped ones for him.
Little Wonders' Days

Sherri said...

adorable!
I wish my kids would eat blueberries...I love them!

Jenny said...

Those are fun! I can't believe they'll eat those!

momandkiddo said...

Very cute! We eat a lot of quesadillas

Ticia said...

You know I might actually get that snack made......

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

This would make a great dinner in our house - thanks for the idea!