Sunday, July 10, 2011

Swimming


One of our summer goals (from our Summer Bucket List) is for C and R to become better swimmers.  They are both enrolled in swimming lessons at the YMCA and they are already SO much better than they were before they started the lessons.

Hooray for the YMCA and hooray for great swim instructors.  The two instructors C and R have had so far have been really good at building confidence in my children.  In the water, confidence goes a long way!  Our future goal is swimming without any aids, but I'm not rushing that one!

9 comments:

Joyful Learner said...

That's awesome! We're taking swim classes also and I couldn't agree with you more on the confidence.

momandkiddo said...

Swimming lessons are the one thing I insist on. Kiddo can drop any other classes (after completion) that he wants, but swimming he has to do.

Sherri said...

Sounds like us...Luke and Annika are both taking lessons!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Awesome. They look so happy in the water. We dropped swimming classes for the summer, but I plan to return to them in the fall, since I want Anna to swim without aids eventually. She loves water, and we spend as much time as we can in the pool.

Jenny said...

That's great! I want to sign Abby up for swim lessons.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

With the colder weather we decided to push the lessons back to later in the summer - but it's on our list too!

Jen said...

Oh- confidence is a biggy! I saw a huge improvement in my kids as swimmer once they felt more secure in the water. Swimming lessons were the best thing for them. (and playing around in Grammy's pool is helpful. :)

Ticia said...

WOO HOO! I need to get my kids signed up for classes again.

Anonymous said...

yay way to go C and R!