Monday, July 25, 2011

T is in the UK


T (age 14) is traveling with the student ambassador program through People to People this summer.  He will spend nineteen days in England, Scotland, Ireland, and Wales.  While he is there, he will meet with a member of Parliament, explore the Tower of London, view the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace, ride on the London Eye, spend three days with a family in England, explore castles, receive a lesson from a golfer at St. Andrews, search for the Loch Ness Monster, learn about Gaelic football and Hurling, train as a soldier in a recreated medieval encampment, abseil 70 feet off a tower wall at Penrhyn Castle, complete service projects, and more!  It is an amazing opportunity for T, and I am so happy that he was selected for this experience.

I am hoping that he takes a lot of pictures, and if he does, I will share some of them here.  Mostly, I just hope he stays safe, has a wonderful time, remembers to brush his teeth, and doesn't lose anything. 

Kelly insisted on lots of kisses before T left!  She already misses him so much.

14 comments:

Peterson Party said...

Wow, they are packing a lot of stuff into those 19 days! What an awesome experience!

Annette W. said...

Have a great time T...Christy don't fret!

Anonymous said...

I hope he has a wonderful trip!! What an amazing experience!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

That really does sound like a great opportunity.

MaryAnne said...

What an incredible opportunity! I hope T has a great time!

Jenny said...

That sounds like a busy 19 days! What fun for him!

Debbie said...

What a super opportunity!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

What an amazing experience! Is it something his school participates in?

Sherri said...

Oh my goodness...Wow! Your a good mom...I am nervous for my kids to reach that age. I will keep him in my prayers...as long as he comes home safe...that will be an excellent experience...and memory.

Honestly...I hope my kids get opportunities like this..and that I will be brave! =)

April said...

That is very exciting! I really wish I could have done something like that, maybe one day my children will!

Make sure to pack him lots of extra underwear :)

Ticia said...

Did I mention before how jealous I am of his trip? Insanely jealous!

Kelly said...

It sounds like a great trip. I hope I can learn to let go as my kids get older to allow them these opportunities. It has to be hard.
Little Wonders' Days

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

WOW!!!! This is amazing -- way to go, T!! You must be SO proud of him!

Jen said...

How wonderful for T! I like the tower on your more recent post that the kids made! :)The ravens are adorable.

Jen