Saturday, July 9, 2011

Pencil Eraser + Stamp Pad = Fun


R had to write a long overdue thank you card this week.  She used the water balloon art card she had made, but we both thought the card could use a little something.  Then I remembered the pencil eraser/stamp pad art I had seen posted by Funny Days from A to Z and thought that technique might work for making letters too.

I used a pencil to lightly write the words "Thank You" on the front of the card.


Then I gave R a pencil with a clean eraser and a stamp pad.  She stamped along the lines to create the words with this technique.




She really enjoyed the process, and we were happy with the way the finished card looked.

9 comments:

Maria said...

Looks like the French art technique called Pointillism. You can also use a Q-tip for this. It pulls up the ink really well. Lots of fun!!

Kelly said...

Clever! That might be a fun way to do letter recognition with the younger crowd.
Little Wonders' Days

MaryAnne said...

What a great idea! Keeping this one for the next rainy day, thanks!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

I like it! I think I'll add something similar to our sight word practice.

April said...

I bet my daughter would love this!

Ticia said...

Oh, I love Almost Unschooling's idea! And this would be great for spelling practice.

Oh man I can just think of all the fun ideas with this!

Jenny said...

Fun! When we were kids, we used to use pencil erasers and ink pads to stamp the insides of our books to play library. That's how we'd check out the books to each other.

momandkiddo said...

I like that this is so super easy, too!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

This looks good - it looks like R stuck with it to the end. I know a certain someone who would be very likely to quit in the middle :)