Friday, July 29, 2011

Summer Bucket List - Playground Hopping

ONE day + THREE towns + FIVE playgrounds = TWO tired, sweaty, filthy, happy children!

We began our day by visiting three playgrounds.  At the first playground, the big, twisty slide was the favorite element.



The second playground had these cool spinning seats that made me a bit sick and all I did was watch!


The third playground had the best swings.


After three playgrounds, we returned home for lunch and some playtime with Kelly (our Bernese Mountain Dog).  There was a tiny (ahem) meltdown by one of the children at this point and I almost ended the playground hopping for the day, but everyone (or that one child) calmed down and we decided to head out to


 an ice cream stand that has a little playground in the back (really just a swing and a bouncy thing).


They weren't very excited about this swingset, but after looking beyond the swings, they found the BEST type of playground - trees and a huge rock!  We spent a lot of time there while they climbed and jumped!







After a stop at a roadside market,


we returned home to get Kelly and walk over to our neighborhood playground.




Not bad for one day!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

So much fun!! I love this idea of trying out a bunch and one day! That twisty slide looks like a lot of fun!

MaryAnne said...

Wow! You're a supermom to make it to so many playgrounds!!!

I bet they slept well after all that =)

Kelly said...

I'm impressed with you! What a fun day. I bet the kids thought this was great.
Little Wonders' Days

Jenny said...

You are a brave woman! 5 playgrounds in one day!

It looks like they had a great time.

Ticia said...

I've had that on my list to do for a while. Ever since I found out there are 23 free splash parks in Austin (though some of them are just a fountain)

Debbie said...

That sounds like so much fun to go to so many playgrounds in one day. Boy though I don't know who would be more tired, Selena or me.

Unknown said...

I have also had this on my list of things to do, for forever. Although I'm not sure we would make it to five. Hehe. And I have to say that the trees in your post looked like the best part. I love all the action shots of them jumping. Great post! Thanks for sharing!

April said...

We've been to a park that has those twisty seats and after my baby got into it she couldn't walk in a straight line.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I completely understand the attraction of the tree and the rock and totally agree with your kids - the natural playgrounds are best. Sounds like a very fun day!

What I Did Today said...

So fun! I'm seeing a lot of summer bucket lists on blogs right now. Such a great idea. I'll have to do one next year.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

I love the idea of doing them all in one day - that's going on my list now too!

momandkiddo said...

You are a trooper!

Sherri said...

playground hopping is an all time favorite...I bet the kids had the time of their lives!