Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Last Day of School

Last Day of First Grade
Another year has gone by too fast, but I am so proud of these two kiddos and all of their hard work in school.  They both did very well, and their teachers have only had wonderful things to say about them.
Last Day of Third Grade

I made special end of year treats for both classes.  Reagan's teacher planned a beach day for her class last Friday, so I made blue jello with Swedish fish.  When I brought them in to the class, Mrs. Machado told me that Reagan mentioned that I don't allow foods with artificial food dye so this must be a special treat!  Also, Reagan made sure to tell me that the fish got "gross and slimy" in the Jello and we shouldn't do this again!


Collin's class spent a lot of time learning about the state of Massachusetts this year, so I brought in Massachusetts foods on Monday - cranberry juice (cranberry is the state fruit) and homemade Nestle Toll House chocolate chip cookies (In 1997 the chocolate chip cookie was recognized as the official cookie of Massachusetts. A third grade class from Somerset proposed the bill honoring the cookie (invented in 1930 at the Toll House Restaurant in Whitman, Massachusetts)).  The class also enjoyed mini corn muffins (the state muffin).


Last year I bought silly string and sprayed the kids when they got off the bus, BUT some of that silly string is still stuck on our driveway so I don't recommend it and I won't be doing that again.  I kept it simple this year with a driveway chalk sign welcoming them to summer vacation.


Collin and Reagan were not too impressed with my chalk sign, and they were a bit disappointed that I didn't have water balloons this year (I forgot about that until I was working on the chalk sign).  Oh well, I tried!  I'll have to remember the water balloons next year!

I'm happy to have them home for the summer, and we are currently working on drafting our Summer Bucket List!

6 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Welcome to summer! Kiddos must be very excited. When does the school start back in MA?

Anonymous said...

woohoo Summer vacation! They are going to have a blast for sure! Can't wait to see your summer bucket list!

Sherri said...

My kids agree with your kids...the fish do get slimy! It's such a cute treat too bad it doesn't work well! I love all that you do for your kids! They are LUCKY!!!

MaryAnne said...

I LOVE that chocolate chip cookies are the official MA cookie! Those are my favorite :)

Susana said...

You are super sweet to send those treats! OK, gasp, I love how the fish get slimy in the Jell-O! My kids do not though.

I think your sidewalk chalk sign is awesome! It looks huge and your letters are formed perfectly! I love it! I hope y'all have the best summer ever!!!!

Ticia said...

My friend Sam's family used to give silly string at birthdays to everyone but the birthday person, then they'd be covered in it. I need to get some for the kids to try sometime.