Friday, May 2, 2014

Q is for Queen

 I tried to use letter "worksheets" with Kate in the past, but she wasn't interested.  Since some time had passed, I decided to try again, and Kate thought it was great!

She did very well dotting all of the uppercase and lowercase Qs, and added a few extra dots to the page for good measure.


 She always enjoys stacking the caps.

 I put all of the Leapfrog letters on a tray and challenged Kate to find the Q.
She found it!

I printed a crown for Kate to color so that she could be the queen.


Cutest queen ever!

We read Tea for Ruby by Sarah Ferguson.  Ruby is invited to have tea with the Queen, but she has to bring her best manners, so leading up to that special day, everyone reminds her of the ways to be proper and polite.


Ruby is pleasantly surprised at the end of the book when she discovers that she is actually having tea with Grandma (the ultimate Queen)!

Very cute book!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun! That books sounds super cute. I am going to remember that for when I teach the fours class at co-op next year :-)

Sherri said...

I love that you did Queen for Q...that won't work for Brady...but Annika would love to have a Queen day..just because! And she loves the book Tea for Ruby! :)