Saturday, October 11, 2014

Autumn Crafts (and a few random things)

Kate made a few autumn crafts and a treat for everyone to enjoy.
I painted Kate's hand and forearm brown and then placed it on white paper to make a tree.

Then I painted her hand red, orange, and yellow (separately of course) to complete her autumn handprint tree.

 She added some fallen leaves with different paint brushes and her fingers.
 While it dried, we read a few books about autumn leaves.

Kate helped me make these applesauce puffs.  Everyone enjoyed them.


Look at Kate's sleeve in the above picture, right in the paint!




She enjoyed making this pumpkin.  It's fun to do crafts with her that I remember doing with Collin and Reagan!


Kate sorted acorns into three piles, nuts without caps, nuts with caps, and caps only.



We have been going to the Barrington Library for story hour on Thursday mornings.  Kate enjoys the story hour (this week the theme was squirrels!!), but she loves visiting the guinea pig there; his name is Rudy.  I love the way she has her hands in the above picture, so sweet.

Three is such a fun age.  Kate is funny and silly and loving, and for now, she still thinks I am the best person in the world.  Kate is such a joy to be with, and she loves learning.  She is always asking for homework or projects, and we really enjoy doing them together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is looking so grown up!! I love both of the crafts! I totally remember doing the paper bag pumpkin with Sammy!