Monday, March 9, 2015

The Eric Carle Museum

I have wanted to visit The Eric Carle Museum for years, but I never wanted to make the drive (almost three hours) just to go to the museum, and then have to turn around and drive home.  When the girls and I met up with my sister and her family in Stockbridge, I realized the museum was on our way home (just a little out of the way), and decided to make the stop.

The museum is small, but it was fun to see the prints from some of our favorite Eric Carle books.  I must admit that I enjoyed the prints a lot more than the girls did; they walked through the gallery very quickly.  We were "done" in less than five minutes.  Luckily, the museum had scavenger hunt pages that we used to walk back through the gallery and find different items.

Their favorite part of our trip to the museum was the art room where they could make their own art. Both girls made stamps that they used to make prints, and Reagan made a book.  I'll try to post her book soon.
In the above picture, you can see our scavenger hunt pages.  I didn't get any pictures of the girls during the scavenger hunt and we didn't complete the scavenger hunt, but it was still fun.

The museum had a Madeline exhibit while we were there.  Reagan didn't remember Madeline (what????) which made me realize that I have to find our Madeline books and reintroduce them to both girls!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

We love the Madeline movie too!
I have wanted to do a Madeline book study forever..but I haven't done it...and I just have Annika..and then 4 boys! I better hurry!

Im surprised there wasn't more to the Eric Carle museum!?

I love going to places like these! :)

Anonymous said...

What a day! The picture of the girls in the Madeline cut out is super cute!!