Thursday, October 8, 2015

Kate's Fourth Birthday

On September 12th, Katelyn turned four.  She wasn't so sure she wanted to be four because she was having a grand old time being three, but she didn't have a choice in the matter; the day arrived and my sweet girl had a birthday.

She wanted a puppy themed party.  This is the first year that we had a party with friends for Kate. She was a little grumpy for a good portion of the day; I think she was very overwhelmed, but she came around and had fun.

This adorable cake came from Pattie Cake.  The cake and filling are vanilla, of course, because that is Kate's favorite flavor.  She still calls it "danilla".

 Our friends, the Sternes, let us borrow this awesome bouncy house.




 I wish I had thought to move that soda can out of the way!
 Tom had to relight the candles a few times because another child kept blowing out the candles!  Ha!  Kids are so funny.

A few things about Kate:

  • She is 40 inches tall and weighs 33 pounds.
  • Kate is very advanced in her speech, but I still love the words she mixes up (vanilla = danilla, Dave & Buster's = Bustin Davers, section = ection like the "scary ection" at the Halloween store that Kate prefers to avoid, our dog friend Nutmeg is Nugmet).
  • She can whip and nae nae!!!  Kate loves popular music; her favorite artist is Taylor Swift and her favorite song is "Bad Blood".
  • Kate is a big fan of the cartoon Peppa Pig.  
  • She has quite the sweet tooth.
  • W sitting is what she does all day long.
  • Kate prefers dresses and rarely wears pants.  
  • She still sleeps in a crib.  This is a first for us; the boys were out of their cribs before the age of two, and Reagan was in a bed just before her third birthday.  Kate loves her crib.
  • Kate loves animals more than any person I have ever known.  She always tells me that she wants to be a veterinarian.  
  • She doesn't like me to leave the room without her; she is my shadow.
  • Kate doesn't really like to share, but she plays well with other kids as long as they don't touch her stuff.  She likes the daycare at the gym and enjoys playing with other kids while I take my yoga and pilates classes.  She is good about sharing toys there.
  • She insists on lots of hugs and kisses whenever anyone is leaving, and she is incredibly happy when Collin and Reagan come home from school.
  • Kate loves to go places, but she is also content to be home.  
  • She has a great personality and I have so much fun spending my days with her.  I love her to the moon and back!

No comments: