Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Another Snowman Snack

Last year, I made snowman face cookies.  This year, instead of just making the snowman's head, I made the whole snowman. 


I took two sugar cookies right out of the oven and added chocolate chip details (eyes and mouth on one cookie, buttons on the other cookie).  The chocolate chips melt, but stay in position nicely to look like snowman details.  I added an orange icing nose, a fruit leather scarf, pretzel stick arms (attached with a tiny bit of white icing), and a plain sugar cookie for the bottom. 

I served these yesterday as an after school snack with white hot chocolate (melted snowmen?).  The white hot chocolate recipe (actually called Snow Flake Cocoa) can be found at allrecipes.  Thank you to Little Wonders' Days for posting the hot chocolate recipe last month!

11 comments:

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Great cookies! And, I love the idea of snowflake cocoa - the kids will go crazy for it :)

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

You always have very pretty snacks for your kids - this snowman looks perfect.

Unknown said...

The cookie is just too cute. The hot chocolate sounds wonderful. It is so cold here today.

Anonymous said...

Adorable!! My son doesn't like chocolate so we might have to try melted snowman drink ;-) yum!

Mandy said...

super cute! i just love snowmen!!!

Ticia said...

These look so yummy and fun.

Sherri said...

I don't know how you do all you do! Your amazing! I have been sick...and we have been lazy!

Kylie said...

Gorgeous, not sure I could eat mine he is so cute.

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

Oh my goodness -- it's so cute!! I love how you called the white hot chocolate "melted snowmen". LOL :-)

Unknown said...

These are soooo cute! I love them. Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog and I'm now happily following back.

MaryAnne said...

So cute! You have some lucky kids!