Friday, November 15, 2013

F is for Fish

Kate and I started working on the letter Ff last week, and we are finishing it up over the next few days.


I printed two fish coloring pages, cut out the fish, and glued them onto cereal box cardboard.  I then gave them to Kate with the Do A Dot Markers.
 She started to do them herself, and then asked me to make dots with her.  We made dots on the fish until she decided they were done.


 I gave Kate some fish stickers and a piece of blue paper.  Whenever she has stickers, she places most of them in one spot, all on top of each other.  I don't remember my other children doing this, but Kate does it every time.

We watched a few F is for Fish videos on You Tube and also played on Starfall together.

I made pumpkin pie scented play dough this week.




We have read a few books about fish.  Kate is especially fond of Ten Little Fish by Audrey Wood and Bruce Wood.  She asked Collin to read it to her this morning.
I'm hoping to fit in a fish snack over the next few days before we move on to the letter G.

5 comments:

MaryAnne said...

You make the cutest crafts with your kids! I love the do a dot fish!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

This brought back sweet memories of us using those dry eraser books. How neat that you can do it again with Kate.

Ticia said...

Now I'm getting nostalgic for preschool.

Anonymous said...

I so love that picture of Collin reading the fish book to Kate! Too sweet!

Sherri said...

I love your fish!!