Saturday, November 2, 2013

Random Pictures From My Phone

Today I realized that I have a few pictures on my phone that I want to include in a blog post.  Excuse the random nature of this post!
 Collin, Reagan, and Kate worked together to make this gingerbread haunted house the weekend before Halloween.  They had fun with it.

On Halloween, I made Boonana snacks.

Collin made this candy grabber with Legos and Hero Factory pieces.

Kate was begging for candy all day yesterday.  I was able to distract her for a while by offering her paint.  This is her art:

I wish I invented the Rainbow Loom!  Our town is going crazy for this fad right now.  Girls and boys are making them and wearing them.  We are fairly new to the whole thing; Reagan learned how to make them last weekend (she makes them without the loom, but is hoping to make some with a loom after Christmas!).

I made foam dough last night (equal parts shaving cream and cornstarch with a little food coloring just for fun).  Reagan had a great time with it; she was covered with it and had to shower after she finished playing.  Kate would only stir it with the popsicle sticks, and would scream, "clean it, clean it" if any got on her skin.

I'm all out of foamy shaving cream now, so I'll move on to different sensory experiences that hopefully Kate will enjoy!

4 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Anna got a rainbow loom for her birthday, but we didn't try it yet. The same fad seems to be going everywhere like flu :) Love your Haunted House - so clever!

Sherri said...

I love random picturs of family love!

MaryAnne said...

I love your Halloween Gingerbread house!

Emma wants a rainbow loom for Christmas - such a hit with their age group right now!

Anonymous said...

oh the rainbow loom is making its self known down here too! I thought you could probably make them w/o the loom! Looks like Reagan had fun! Sammy and Reagan are cut from the same cloth as far as sensory things!