Saturday, November 22, 2014

Charlie Brown Thanksgiving

I love Charlie Brown and the Peanuts.  I remember looking forward to the seasonal specials as a kid.  I think it's kind of sad how accessible movies and television shows are today.  They are always available, so there is no great excitement in catching anything on television once a year.  Charlie Brown, The Sound of Music, The Wizard of Oz, all of the holiday specials - I remember the excitement of knowing they were going to be on tv each year.  On the other hand, today we don't have to worry about missing anything on television; everything is so accessible.  I guess I'm just a bit nostalgic.

Anyway, I can't believe we have never had our own Charlie Brown style Thanksgiving before now!  It was fun, and I hope it becomes a tradition.

Reagan, Kate and I watched the show together.


We also watched This Is America Charlie Brown: The Mayflower Voyagers, and Reagan dazzled me with all of her knowledge; she really does know a lot about this part of history.

I had planned on preparing the Charlie Brown feast for the kids, but the girls both wanted to help, and I am SO GLAD they did; their help made the whole thing so much more fun!



 Collin showed up for the food!!!

Toast, popcorn, pretzels, jelly beans, and ice cream sundaes (pictured below) just like Charlie Brown's feast.
"What blockhead cooked all this?"


 Snoopy?????  



The girls both said this was tons of fun and they hope to do it again next year.  Consider it done!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun! I love that you recreated the meal!

Sherri said...

I love Charlie Brown too!
We enjoy all three...Halloween, Thanksgiving...and Christmas! :)
I love your feast!!