Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

On the night before Thanksgiving, Tom, Collin, Tyler, and Alyssa were all at the movies and Kate was sleeping.  Reagan loves opportunities like that to have me to herself and ask me what we can possibly do with the time!!  I have wanted to do this project for years now, so I figured we would give it a try.
 We learned that of the pilgrims who came on the Mayflower, only 22 men, 4 women, 14 teenagers, and 13 children survived the first winter.  I helped Reagan make a visual representation of the survivors.


It was a great project for us, and I think it will stick with us too.

On Thanksgiving morning, Collin, Reagan, and Kate played board games, colored Thanksgiving pictures, ate cinnamon roll turkeys, and watched the parade.


When the parade ended, we went to Grandma's house.









I didn't take many pictures, but Reagan grabbed my camera and took all of these:






The Thanksgiving games were better than ever this year.  We played pin the hat on the turkey (Collin won), best name for the turkey (Reagan won with "Wishbone"), and turkey trot/gobble (Mark won; I'm still laughing at his turkey).  I don't have any pictures, but I do have some video of the turkey trots!



The best part of Thanksgiving, as always, was just being together with family and enjoying the company.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

You'll have to explain how to play that game....sounds super fun!
I love the pictures!
Especially Tyler helping in the kitchen! I missed cooking this year...I love everything about it! :)
Happy Happy Thanksgiving dear friend!!

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a super fun Thanksgiving Day!! Reagan took some great pictures!