Monday, February 16, 2015

Fizzy Hearts

The baking soda and vinegar reaction never gets old.  Even I still enjoy watching it fizz up.  In honor of Valentine's Day, I mixed some baking soda, food coloring, and a little water in my silicone heart mold and stuck it in the freezer.

I popped out the hearts and presented them to a very excited Katelyn with a muffin cup full of vinegar and a dropper.

She went right to work.

After a few minutes, she decided a spoon would work faster.



She used about four cups of vinegar, and would have used more but we were all out.  That ended up being okay though because she proceeded to smash the remaining ice with the spoon and move it around in the vinegar that was left on the tray.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so fun!! I love all of the colors mixing together!

Sherri said...

I really love your fizzy play! I need to do this with Rex this week! :)