Monday, March 2, 2009

Seuss, Seuss, and more Seuss

We had an entire weekend of Seuss! C, R, and I read a lot of Dr. Seuss books. I listed some of them on our shelf but we read a lot more than that. They both enjoy Dr. Seuss books and I really like reading them out loud because they are fun.


Auntie Karen gave us the idea for this Cat in the Hat snack. We used vanilla wafer cookies, vanilla frosting, and red gummy life savers to make our hats. They disappeared almost as fast as they were made.


One of our favorite Dr. Seuss books is My Many Colored Days. After reading that book, C and R painted the colors they were feeling that day.








R's hat just kept falling off! I think I made it a little too small.
We ate green eggs this morning, but no ham. Ham isn't very popular in our house.
Today we happen to have a snow day so we will play one of our favorite board games, Dr. Seuss's ABC game.

1 comment:

Jedda said...

We've been celebrating Seuss too (and blogging about it, of course) I'm excited to try your striped cookie treats-cute idea!