Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tot school - March 15 - 21

Tot School

R got her own computer for her third birthday this week. She loves playing with it (Fisher Price) and it is helping her with letter recognition, phonics, and more.



We found this puzzle at WalMart this week and had to buy it - Bernese Mountain Dogs, just like our puppy, Kelly.


R building an "O" with the manipulatives from the book How to Build an A by Sara Midda. We love this book.




My Little Pony Memory is one of R's favorite games.





R and C retelling The Very Hungy Caterpillar.





R's egg carton caterpillar.


We also worked on the amazing The Very Hungry Caterpillar Tot Activity Pack made by Carisa at 1+1+1=1 (the host of Tot School). R enjoyed all of the activities in the pack, but was especially fond of matching the colors to the food items.


R's first attempt at placing beads on pipe cleaners - she did really well.





R made this pattern with foam Easter stickers I bought from A.C. Moore.
I don't have a picture of this but R is learning the days of the week. Every morning we change the date on the felt calendar (Lillian Vernon catalog) and we sing a song about the 7 days of the week. She is starting to remember the sequence!

R received this Fisher Price Digital Arts and Crafts Studio for her birthday and she had a lot of fun creating paper crafts, dot to dots, and just seeing her scribbles show up on the computer screen. The recommended age is 4-9, but she just turned 3 and is having a lot of fun with this. C (4) and T (almost 12) also enjoy creating things with this toy.










This is our box of recyclables for crafts. R, C, and T always have access to this box when they are feeling crafty!

R had fun outside with her new ball from Target.







Another fun week of Tot school!































4 comments:

Life is Good said...

I'll have to get a hold of the book How to Build an A by Sara Midda looks like your daughter had fun with it! The digital studio looks like a ton of fun to!

Ticia said...

I need to start a "craft box" like that, because whenever I start storing up craft supplies my husband thinks it's supposed to be thrown away, and then I have to start all over :).

Christy Killoran said...

Funny! I'm actually going to have my kids decorate the box so that no one ever makes the mistake of putting it out with the recycling.

RockerMom said...

I love the craft box idea as well. I need to start one. I also need to get that "How to Build an A" as well. Great post! Thanks for sharing.