Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter Eggs


C and R decorated Easter eggs today.  I was happy they both felt well enough to do it; they have a mild case of the flu.

They began by painting eggs with Doc Hinkle's Paint-On Easter Egg Coloring Kit.  We have used this kit the last three years and I love it.  The paint dries fast and the colors are so vibrant.



 
Then, I gave them hot eggs and they used crayons to color them.  The crayon melts and looks really cool.



R is wearing a onesie from PBK; it was hers when she was younger than K, and her name is on the front.  She was excited about squeezing into it.  Obviously, she could not snap the bottom.  It's hard to tell from this picture, but she looked ridiculous!


They decorated two dozen eggs.

Do you see the rabbit egg in the upper right corner?  C drew that.  I think it looks great, but he was unhappy with it and refused to finish it.  He also refused to decorate anymore eggs.  Oh well, he decorated about eight before that happened, and R was happy to color the rest of the eggs!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL sounds like R had on quite the getup! I think C drew a great bunny!! All of the eggs turned out so pretty! I hope you guys feel better soon.. we are fighting a nasty cold!

Ticia said...

They look great! I don't think we're going to decorate any eggs this year. It's just been one of those weeks as far as things like that go.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Sorry about the flu - but I love the onsie story! :)

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Onesie story made me LOL. R is a funny little girl. I am glad they felt well enough to enjoy Easter.

MaryAnne said...

I love the rabbit!

Their eggs look amazing.