Saturday, July 27, 2013

Driving to NY and the Seneca Park Zoo


On Sunday morning, Collin, Reagan, Katelyn, Papa(my father), and I piled into the car and drove to Pittsford, NY to visit Auntie Karen and Uncle Mark.  Papa drove - thank you, thank you, thank you Papa!  It was good that he did because I was able to manage the needs of the kids.  It took us about eight hours to get there (I think we only stopped twice) and the kids were fantastic.  Kate only napped about twenty minutes the whole ride!  I am very grateful for the DVD player in the car and the iPad!

I should have taken a better picture with Collin looking up, but he was in the third row enjoying the iPad, so this is pretty much what I saw every time I looked back.  Reagan and Kate watched a few DVDs, including the entire first season of The Brady Bunch!

We arrived around dinner time and enjoyed pizza and some relaxation (aka watching Reagan sing and dance) before bedtime.

On Monday morning, we went to the Seneca Park Zoo.










The zoo has lion cubs, and it was neat to see them, but I wasn't able to get any pictures.  They were off in the distance and kind of obstructed by things in the enclosure.  It was a hot day at the zoo, but all of the animals were out and we saw a few animals we haven't seen before, like this rhinoceros.

4 comments:

Sherri said...

As much as I don't like that fact that the animals are in captivity...I LOVE THE ZOO!!! I love to take my kids to every zoo I can and try and find a new animal or the same animals doing new things!
These are great pictures and I love the one with all of you! :)
Next year I'll have to try and convince you to pile in the car and drive to St Louis!! It's only double the drive!

Jenny said...

So fun! I love car trips. That's great that your Dad went too. I just love going to the zoo!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Wow, managing 8 hour trips with 3 kids is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Very cool!! You have some really cute turtles in your family ;-)