Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Random Pictures from the Last Two Weeks

Collin made this pyramid box by following directions from the book Math Art Projects and Activities.

Tennis lessons started last week.  Collin and Reagan will be playing tennis through the town recreation department two days a week, and they will have a thirty minute private lesson one day a week.

One of the things Collin's teacher recommended working on over the summer in preparation for fourth grade, is states and capitals.  We have had the Sequence States and Capitals game for a while, but we played it for the first time last week.

I get so upset when cool sounding projects flop, and this was a MAJOR flop.  I saw the idea for Crystal Paint in The Ultimate Book of Kid Concoctions.  Supposedly, mixing 1/8 cup of liquid starch with 1/8 cup of water and a few drops of food coloring will make a paint that crystallizes as it dries.  There was ZERO crystallization.  I even tried adding a little extra starch to the mixture, but it didn't work.  The only thing I can think of is that my starch is probably two or three years old; I have no idea if this matters, but if it does they should add that detail to the directions.

Kate has been painting with washable nontoxic paints lately.  She makes a mess, but she has fun and it keeps her busy for a little while.

This is Reagan's television set.  So far, she has presented the news and a few short programs.

Kate wants to be a television celebrity too.


5 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I love Reagan's TV and Collin's pyramid! Anna keeps asking for tennis lessons too, but I think she is not quite ready for tennis yet in terms of her coordination. Perhaps next year.

Anonymous said...

oh my word I love the TV set! Collin did a great job with his pyramid box!! Kate is looking so big painting!

Sherri said...

I absolutely adore the tv set...brilliant idea! My kids would love that!
Isn't it cute how much the little ones want to be a part of everything. I just had Rex paint with bleeding tissue...I couldn't believe how excited he was! Absolutely precious!

MaryAnne said...

The television set is hilarious!

I consistently have trouble with liquid starch experiments, I'm not sure why.

Karen Wilson said...

You need to do a vine of one of Reagan's newscasts.