Saturday, July 6, 2013

Mystic Aquarium

We went to the Mystic Aquarium in Mystic, Connecticut this morning.  As we always do when we go to family fun places, we arrived right around opening time and enjoyed the aquarium before the crowds arrived.

There were a few neat touch tanks.


Kate enjoyed looking at the fish.


We found Nemo




Lunch time for the whales
We watched a Sea Lion Show - Kate wasn't in the mood, so Dad and Kate missed this.  It was a fun show; Collin, Reagan, and I really enjoyed it.

The coolest part of our trip to the aquarium was the Birds of the Outback exhibit.

When we walked in, we were each given a stick with bird seed on it for us to feed the birds.  The first bird that landed on my arm quickly flew off because I was so startled that I shook my arm.

Tom had lots of birds around him; he's a natural!




That is my hand with the two birds in the above picture.  It was a little difficult to manage since I was holding Kate in my other arm and she really wanted to touch the birds!  It was neat though.


Tom and Collin stayed for a while after Kate, Reagan, and I left the bird exhibit.  They had great interaction with the birds during this time, and Tom said that a bird attached itself to Collin's shirt and it was quite funny.  Tom couldn't get pictures or video of it because he was covered with birds at the time.  I wish I saw it! 

We had fun at the aquarium and then went for pizza, followed by frozen lemonades for the kids.  It was a great day!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

That does sound like a great day! How fun.

Anonymous said...

What fun!! Sounds like a great aquarium and a really awesome bird exhibit!

MaryAnne said...

This aquarium sounds great! And so cool to beat the crowds!

Sherri said...

Wow! Those whales are awesome!! My poor kids have never been to a good aquarium...I need to make that a priority!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

I was going to ask if you had some Mystic Pizza while you were in town. Great aquarium!