Friday, August 16, 2013

Plymouth - Mayflower II

After Plimoth Plantation, we drove a few miles to see the Mayflower II.

Some pictures from inside of the Mayflower:


 This woman was singing, and she taught Collin and Reagan a song about a cat in a plum tree.

 This seaman told us that this board was used to chart the course.  Every half hour, they would put a peg in a hole to chart distance and direction.





The most amazing thing about this boat is the size; it's so small!  I can't imagine how more than one hundred people traveled together in such cramped spaces.

Again, there weren't many tourists, so we had great interaction on the boat.



A man came over and offered to take our picture with the Mayflower II in the background.  It came out great, but it's funny to see how messy and dirty we all were at this point!

4 comments:

Sherri said...

HaaHaa...that is not dirty! You guys look perfectly clean! My kids literally get covered in dirt within a couple minutes of leaving home! In fact, as I speak, I'm looking at all my filthy kids wondering how we manage to attract so much dirt!?
I love the picture of all you guys...this seems like such a great place to go and see..If I can make it to Boston..I want to take my kids here! :)

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I think you look lovely! Sherri's comment cracked me up. What a great visit!

Anonymous said...

What fun! I think the picture of the 4 of you is great!

Ticia said...

It really is amazingly small, we got to go on the ships for Jamestown, and they're soooo small.