Friday, August 9, 2013

Sisters


With five years and almost six months between them, I never expected Reagan and Kate to be as close as they are at this point in their lives.  I am so happy to see the way they love each other; I couldn't have asked for more.

Reagan is a HUGE help with Kate!  She gets food for her (today she made her a bowl of oatmeal and put frozen blueberries in it to make the requested "purple oatmeal"), plays with her, talks to her and soothes her when she can't sleep, changes diapers, dresses her, washes her face and hands, reads to her, and comforts her when she is upset.  It's absolutely beautiful to watch, and it's something I hope I never forget.


Kate adores Reagan, and imitates her constantly; she wants to be just like her big sister.  She copies dance moves, tries to do gymnastics, and just follows Reagan everywhere.  Kate also cries for Reagan when she needs to be comforted, and wants Reagan in the room when she is going to sleep.  She pronounces Reagan like "Rayrin".

When I was pregnant with Kate, I hoped for a sister for Reagan.  I'm so happy they have each other, and I hope they are always close.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohh my goodness so sweet!! I love the Rayrin pronunciation!

Sherri said...

This is where all your mothering love...activities...and efforts shine through! This is the BEST reward!!! I believe that it helps siblings to show love for each other and to feel love for each other as they feel love from their parents and see love from their parents! Just my theory! But this post proves it!! Because your the best mom ever and your kids are amazing! :)

MaryAnne said...

Sisters are the best!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

So sweet! Reagan is an AMAZING big sister and hopefully will make a great mother one day. You are so blessed.