Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Frozen Flip Fest 2014

Reagan competed at the Xcel Bronze level in the Frozen Flip Fest meet in Rhode Island over the weekend.  She had her best meet ever!  Her routines all looked great, she had confidence, and she performed beautifully!  I was SO very proud of her.

For some reason, this gym had Reagan competing at the senior level.  When I first realized this, I was upset.  Courtney (another Bronze level gymnast and Reagan's friend) is the same age as Reagan, but she was competing in the junior level.  I was upset because this meant it would be harder for Reagan to place.  (Not that competing is just about winning, but I do think the competition should be as fair as possible).  Well, I had nothing to fear because she outdid herself winning three second place ribbons, one first place ribbon, and a first place trophy in the all around!!!!  


 Reagan has coveted a first place ribbon since she started competing, and she was over the moon excited when her name was called for first place.  She didn't even realize it was for her bars routine; when she found out, she was shocked.  It is NOT easy to throw yourself around on those bars, and as hard as she works, she struggles a bit.  Her warmup on the bars before the meet was a little rough, but she pulled it together and had a great, FIRST place ribbon worthy routine!!!

 Gyms are dark, and my phone didn't take the best pictures, but when Reagan won first in the all around, she had the BIGGEST smile I have ever seen on her face!!!!!!!!  I was on the edge of my seat, literally shaking with pride.  It was awesome!

Courtney and Reagan with all of their ribbons and trophies! 

These three girls - Courtney, Sascha, and Reagan - were the only girls competing for Strive that day, and all three of them placed first in the all around!  

I messed up recording an amazing beam routine by Reagan, and I was sad that I didn't capture it, but then I realized that the routine I missed was just her warmup!  This only made me nervous because I was afraid she wouldn't be able to repeat the amazing performance she just finished.  I don't know why I would doubt her; she went ahead and did it even better when it counted!  She came running over to me when she received her score (9.05); she was screaming with excitement!!!  I love her and all of her greatness!  That's right, my girl is great!

Here are the videos of Reagan's events:




We had to celebrate, so we went to Fiesta for dinner after the meet!  Dinner was extra fun because the girls were SO happy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow!! Way to go Reagan!!

Sherri said...

Wow! Absolutely amazing!! She must be a competitor...stepping up to the tough competition...instead of letting it get her more nervous!?