Saturday, December 27, 2014

Santa Experiences

In past years, we have gone to the zoo for milk and cookies with Santa.  After talking to my neighbor, and hearing her rave about breakfast with Santa at the Venus, I decided to try that this year.  I hate to sound negative, but it STUNK.  The food was gross (Kate could not even bite her waffle because it was rock hard), the Santa setup was not good, and it was overpriced.  The girls did have fun though.  They made ornaments, filled up little pouches of reindeer food, had their faces painted, and decorated cookies.



I couldn't help but think that we do all of those things at home for much less money and nicer end results though.

I think I would have been happier with the experience if the Santa setup was nicer.  Also, my favorite part about milk and cookies with Santa at the zoo is that Santa walks around and spends time at each table.  I thought that would happen at this event too, but Santa sat in his chair the whole time.  The line to see Santa was ridiculously long; they probably could have worked out a better system.  I didn't like the display for Santa photos at all either - what's with the ugly curtains and the sheets on the floor (I saw SO many kids trip on those dumb sheets).

 Mrs. Claus was just plain awful.  They should have left her at the North Pole.


Well, at least the girls had some fun, and now I know that I will not be attending that event again.

I was so disappointed with the Santa photo from that event that I had to go somewhere else and try for a better picture.  A few weeks later, we went to the Silver City Galleria to see Santa.  The mall has a train (pleasant surprise for us) that we enjoyed while waiting for Santa to arrive.



After the train ride around the mall, we went to wait for Santa.


I don't know if I am expecting too much, but again I didn't love the background for the photo.  Otherwise it is a nice photo though.

One funny thing - when Santa arrived, he had to have the "elf" open his breath mints (he couldn't open them with his gloves on) and he announced to everyone waiting that he needed mints because he had just eaten "seasoned home fries".  Thanks for sharing that tidbit, Santa.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

boo on the bad first experience! The 2nd setup isn't to bad.. the photo was really nice at least!

Sherri said...

It looks like fun! But I know what you mean! We paid big bucks to take the kids on a polar express train ride, 2 years ago! Everyone acted like it was the best thing ever! It was terrible! I would rather do my own thing! I am starting to think...these events are for people who don't entertain their kids at home!?