Saturday, February 9, 2013

Nemo - The Blizzard of 2013

On Friday, school was canceled and everyone across the state "battened down the hatches" and ran out for bread and milk in preparation for Nemo, the blizzard of 2013.  

Speaking of bread and milk, did you see the You Tube video that went viral about getting bread and milk before a snow storm?  Too funny!



Back to Nemo, I don't remember other blizzards having names.  I'm sure they did, but I just don't remember.  It must be the fact that this one shares a name with that silly orange clown fish, and so it is just memorable.

The snow started in the morning, but it didn't begin to accumulate until the afternoon.  Governor Patrick declared a state of emergency around 4:00 PM and banned all traffic from the roadways due to the high winds and limited visibility.  The snow was coming down at a good rate and the winds were strong, but with all of the hype, I have to say that I expected it to be worse than it was!  I'm not complaining though!  AND, I was not outside, so maybe it just seemed like it wasn't too bad!
Around 5:00 PM on Friday 



Reagan and Kelly walked to North with Tom shortly after 5:00.  They said it was very windy!


Reagan at North Elementary




Here is a video of Reagan and Kelly at North.  You can hear the wind whipping!

I really like this video of Reagan being silly dancing out in the blizzard.  She is too much!


Kate was so amazed.  She looked out at the snow for quite a while.  She can't pronounce the "s", so she says "no" for snow.


One last video!  I took this one just before 9:00 PM.  It was so windy; I was certain we would lose power!



 This morning, I woke up to find this!  We were happy and fortunate to still have power; many people were not so lucky.  






Reagan and Collin with Max and Jack in the Finlaws' yard.

Tomorrow will be a great day for sledding!

4 comments:

Sherri said...

Wow!! That is quite the storm...we wish we had a little bit of your snow!

MaryAnne said...

I was so glad we got to keep our power too!

Anonymous said...

whew that just made me super cold watching those videos!! Glad you guys didn't loose power!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

It's funny how winter finally hit in February. I thought East Coast will have a snowless winter!