Saturday, February 16, 2013

Week In Review


On Fat Tuesday (pancake day!), I made pancakes for the kids for dinner.  Reagan and Katelyn had strawberries in their pancakes, and Collin had chocolate in his.  Tyler had Subway!

Tom and Tyler went to the Celtics game on Wednesday.  It was a gift, and part of the gift was traveling by limo!


Kate watching them leave in the limo.  She's just so darn cute.

 For Valentine's Day, I cut pineapple and cantaloupe into heart shapes.  I also made Reagan a special lunch that day with a heart shaped sandwich, the fruit, red peppers I cut into hearts, and a pink heart with a few little pieces of chocolate.  Collin does not like lunches like this anymore, but I gave him a red heart with chocolate in it -- he didn't complain about that!

My girls on Valentine's Day!

I also made Strawberry Cows (strawberry puree, sparkling water, and vanilla ice cream), but Reagan was the only one who liked the drink, and even she didn't love it.  They looked so pretty though.

One of the highlights of Valentine's Day was this card that came in the mail from Cherry, our elf on the shelf.  He's so thoughtful.


The 100th day of school was yesterday, and I went in to help Reagan's class celebrate.  Reagan had to bring in 100 pieces of cereal for snack, 100 toothpicks to build marshmallow structures, and 100 pieces of something (she chose popcorn kernels) to glue onto paper.  Mrs. Machado also hid 100 Hershey kisses around the room for the kids to find and then divide evenly among the class, set up a few crafts, and had the kids make trail mix with 100 pieces (ten pieces each of ten snacks).  I had a great time in the class; I'm so happy I was able to be there.  Collin's class did not do anything special for the 100th day; I guess that's what happens when you get to third grade and have to prepare for MCAS!


Reagan finally lost that tooth yesterday.  It was hanging by a teeny tiny thread for days!  The new tooth is already there.  Reagan was excited to find $4.00 under her pillow this morning!  I guess that tooth fairy was VERY BUSY last night, because I saw her trail of fairy dust entering Reagan's room at 6:00 this morning.  It's a good thing Reagan was still sound asleep.

Kate has had a cold all week and today she sounds croupy when she coughs.  I hope it doesn't get worse.


Tom and Collin are at the Friars basketball game right now!  Collin was looking forward to it, and I bet they are having a great time.  I love that Tom sends me pictures like this one when he is out on special adventures with the kids!

Tonight and tomorrow we are supposed to get more snow!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had a wonderful week! Yay for lost teeth! Love that Cherry visited via a card on Valentine's day!

Sherri said...

What fun!
I love the limo ride to the game...great idea!
Kate is adorable!
I totally missed 100th day...my kids were in shock! I told them every year is different and fun in it's own way!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Tooth Fairy was very generous. Anna just had her dental appointment today with an X-ray, and the dentist said she is not likely to lose her teeth for another year at least!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Tooth Fairy was very generous. Anna just had her dental appointment today with an X-ray, and the dentist said she is not likely to lose her teeth for another year at least!

Ticia said...

You know I've never ridden in a limo. I bet Tyler was feeling pretty happy.