Friday, March 8, 2013

Dwelling, Painting, and Climbing

 Kate is my cabinet dweller.  She loves to sit in there and play.

 I LOVE finding new recipes, especially when they are successful.  This week I made banana walnut waffles using a Food Babe recipe and everyone liked them.

I also made apple cinnamon baked oatmeal.  Only Tom and I ate this, but it is really good.  I like it warmed with dried cranberries, walnuts, and almond milk.  I got this recipe from My Whole Food Life.

 Kate painted with water for the first time this week.  She made so many paintings!

Reagan was home sick Wednesday and Thursday, and the two of them spent a lot of time playing together.


Reagan was so funny in her Mary Poppins costume with her super tangled, sick girl, bedhead!  I should have taken a picture of the "rat's nest" on the back of her head.

 Kate figured out how to climb up onto the leather chair yesterday.  The funny thing is that she kept climbing up there with her Mini Boden catalog.  Yes, I said her catalog.  She is obsessed with it lately; she will bring it to me or Tom and ask us to read it to her.  She also spends a good amount of time reading it herself.  I guess she is going to like clothes as much as her big sister.




 We woke up to a LOT more snow than we expected this morning.  The kids are thrilled to have a snow day!



Kelly's paw print in the snow

I brought some snow in for Kate to play with; Reagan joined her.

A little taste won't hurt.

I was talking to Reagan about March, and asked her if she knew the saying about March weather.  She said, "Yes, March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb."  I asked if she knew what it meant, and her response was, "Of course, it comes in reckless and goes out soft."  She cracks me up.

4 comments:

MaryAnne said...

We got over a foot of snow today! I think it's hilarious that Kate carries around the Boden catalog!

Sherri said...

SHE IS TOO CUTE!
I love all your snow!
It's easy to love when you don't have any! :)

Anonymous said...

How much snow did you guys get? We got a ton! I love the picture of Kate flipping through her magazine. :-)

Ticia said...

Those recipes look really good!