Friday, March 8, 2013

Forty

Yesterday was my fortieth birthday.  I made a cake using a recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie.

Tyler, Collin, Kate and I all loved the cake and frosting.  The cake is like fudge, but not super sweet, and the frosting is chocolate peanut butter.  The cake and frosting are both vegan.  I was very concerned that it wouldn't taste good, but it was perfect.  Kate screamed for more!  The fact that my sweet toothed kids enjoyed this cake so much means that it is a great dessert!





It was the perfect celebration for me!  A sweet treat and a little love!

4 comments:

MaryAnne said...

Happy Birthday! That's a cute picture of you with your four kids!

Sherri said...

You look amazing!!!
Happy Birthday TO YOU!
Happy Birthday TO YOU!!!
Happy Birthday to my DEAR FRIEND!!
Happy Birthday to YOU!

Anonymous said...

aww so glad you had a great birthday!!

Ticia said...

Awwwwww...... I"m glad it was a good birthday!

I'm finally getting a chance to catch up. My computer has been halfway on the fritz the past week, and then the great sickness came, so I'm WAAAAAYYYYY behind.