Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Nutcracker



C and R saw The Nutcracker for the first time this year.  Actually, it was my first time too and all three of us loved it.  We loved it so much that we are still reading the two books that we own about The Nutcracker.

I won The Nutcracker and the Mouse King, E.T.A. Hoffmann's Classic Tale Illustrated by Gail DeMarcken from Chronicle of an Infant Bibliophile.  C LOVES this book because the illustrations are amazing, especially the battle scenes.



The Nutcracker by Susan Jeffers is a beautiful book with much less text.  This is the perfect version of the fairy tale for a young child.  Jeffers' version is based on the ballet which also makes it a great choice for a child who has seen or will see the ballet.

We are already looking forward to seeing The Nutcracker next year!

6 comments:

Sherry said...

Hi! I recieved a blog award and now I am passing one along to you! http://meandlu2.blogspot.com/2009/12/award.html

Susana said...

I am so glad y'all got to see The Nutcracker and enjoyed it so much!

Would you believe I never pulled out our books this year?!

I have this first book, but not the second one--maybe we'll add it next year.

Gidget Girl Reading said...

I love the nutcracker can't wait to take Gidget some day to see it! maybe this year!

We love those books too!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

We have the first book you profiled, and Anna loves it too. I am looking forward to taking her to see Nutcracker next year.

Bran said...

My kids love Nutcrackers, but they have never seen it or read the books... I'm thinking I need to go get them!

Lynn said...

I'm so glad C loves the book! I'm looking forward to taking my family to the nutcracker someday.