Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Scratch and Sketch

C got a Pirates Scratch and Sketch book for Christmas and he is close to filling up all of the pages already. This book is so neat. It has ten black-coated gold and silver glitter pages and ten black-coated rainbow swirl pages.


There are also twenty drawings of pirate life with informative text about pirates, and twenty regular paper pages for doodling.

The book also comes with a wooden stylus for drawing. You can see it in C's hand. Have you used scratch paper before? C is loving it!

*We have not been compensated in any way to write about this product. It is just something that C loves.

8 comments:

danita said...

that is so much fun! we had some like that from crayola and we've made our own with crayons before! C is a fantastic artist!

Sherry said...

ohh that is really cool! My Lu would love something like that she is a "artist"

Gidget Girl Reading said...

we love scratch art i was going to post a while ago how to make your own scratch art ppaer and never did! maybe i should if i don't i'll email you how to!

he is great at drawing!

Ticia said...

My kids have played with them somewhat, but I've never taken the plunge to actually buy one.
C's drawings are fantastic in the close-ups. His skill has really improved recently.

Lynn said...

What a great little artist you've got there! I think we used to make our own, but I can't quite recall how...

Sherry Gann said...

Wow! C has mad drawing skills! Very cool. :)

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

We got some small scratch books as party favors, and Anna was interested but not old enough to really create anything interesting. I think she will take more to it (and other arts and crafts) when she is older.

Susana said...

I saw this book, but in the Jurassic theme over the weekend at the bookstore and almost got one for Joe, but didn't. Now, I will! I wondered how it would be, and it looks so fun.

He still really enjoys using his Scribbles book, and I just got a Beautiful Doodles for Hanna that she is also enjoying.

I agree with everyone else, C's drawing abilities are sooooooo impressive!!