Saturday, January 26, 2013

A Few Pictures from This Week

This is the first week of the new year without any sick kids in the house.  We still have some runny noses and lingering coughs, but no fevers or nasty germs.  This meant that Collin was able to go to piano and Reagan returned to Irish step.

Kate had a play date with her friend Harper on Thursday.  Harper is two months older than Kate and they played well together.  It is fun to watch them interact.  This is their second play date, and they seemed to enjoy each other.  They mostly played next to each other, passed toys back and forth, and said "Hi" a lot!  Very cute.

Auntie Karen and Uncle Mark gave Kate an Alex Jr. Tots Art Start kit for Christmas and Kate is enjoying creating masterpieces with stickers, tissue paper, and card stock.





Collin made me this snowman for me in art class.  I LOVE it.  He was so sweet when he gave it to me.

The snowman is paper mache with other materials used for details.

Tom took the three big kids out for dinner and to a PC hockey game last night.  They met up with Paul, Isabel, Olivia, Mike, Nora, and Audrey, so it was three dads, two boys, and five girls!  It was family night or kids night at the hockey game, and after the game the kids got to go on the ice, eat pizza, and everyone got a tee shirt.  From what I hear, everyone had a great time!





Today, we all went to the new Sky Zone in East Providence.

We had no idea what to expect so I only purchased thirty minutes of time.  Since they tend to sell out on the weekends, I purchased tickets online earlier this week and we were not able to add any time.  By the time we checked in, got shoes (you have to wear their shoes), and figured out where to go, we were already ten minutes into our time.  Tom, Tyler, Collin, and Reagan jumped on the main court while Kate and I went to the toddler court.  At first Kate would not go on the trampolines and just clung to me, but after a few minutes of watching the  two other toddlers on the court, she tried it out and really enjoyed herself.  It was so funny watching her.  Next time we go, I have to get video and pictures.  Everyone liked it, but Reagan was disappointed (putting it mildly) that we couldn't stay longer.  Now we know what to expect, and next time we will arrive earlier and purchase at least sixty minutes of time!

5 comments:

Sherri said...

I have never been to a hockey game...that is a great idea! My kids would love it...I would love it!!
I love the art kit for kate!
So cute!
The snowman is adorable! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Love Kate's crafts! Collin did a great job on the snowman :-) Sounds like skyzone was a blast!

Ticia said...

I need to try a trampoline park, they sound like so much fun.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I am glad everyone feels better. Trampoline park sounds like fun!

MaryAnne said...

I LOVE Collin's snowman!!!

I need to get that Tot art set when Anna is old enough for it - it looks really cute! And (bonus) I can probably get it for free!