Saturday, January 12, 2013

Sixteen Months


Kate has the virus that is making the rounds in our house.  Last week, Collin had it, Reagan left school on Wednesday with it, and now Kate is slimy with mucous from her nose to put it nicely.  It may even be the same virus that Tyler had on Christmas.

At sixteen months, Kate is walking all the time.  I can't remember the last time I saw her crawl!  She is trying to talk more and more.  Unfortunately, as the youngest of four, she is already a fan of potty humor and laughs when people pass gas; she says, "root toot" and "butt" thanks to her siblings - I guess it could be worse.

Kate is great at following commands.  Reagan is particularly fond of giving her tasks to complete.  "Take this Lego to Collin," is one I have heard several times this week.

She still LOVES books and often brings one to me throughout the day for story time.

Kate gets very excited when Grandma Susan visits because this means she can play in her pocketbook.  I have to remember to take a picture next time.

Earlier this week, Kate started taking normal naps!!!!!!!  I put her in her crib around 10:40 AM and she has been napping between ninety minutes and two hours!  This is fantastic because before this she would only nap in the stroller or car seat and the naps were more like twenty minutes.

Kate knows most body parts and a lot of animal sounds.  It amazes me how early character recognition appears.  The mat in our bathtub, diapers, and a book we have all feature Elmo, and Kate points to him and says his name whenever she sees him.  She doesn't watch television, so she has not seen him on Sesame Street.

I am currently working on colors with Kate.  This week we worked on the color red.

 I made her a bin of red items that we play with upon her request each day.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope she feels better soon! LOL at the potty humor!

Ticia said...

Yeah for real naps!
I miss naps

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I love red bin idea! Sorry to disappoint you, but in my practice naps meant "poor sickie" and disappeared as soon as poor sickie felt better. I hope she feels better soon!

Sherri said...

What a JOY!!
I love these updates...it is what to come at our house with little Rex!
I have tried to teach Brady his colors for a very long time...and he is finally getting it!
It is interesting how every kids is different! :)

MaryAnne said...

Hooray for proper naps!!!