Tuesday, October 15, 2013

D is for Dogs and Doughnuts

 Kate seems to enjoy this crepe rubber puzzle.  I'm thinking she might like a few more for Christmas.

 Kate plays with these little dogs in the tub.  They are from Alex Toys, and when you wash them with the little towel, their dirty spots fade!  Too cute!  Harry the Dirty Dog was the perfect book for us to read while Kate gave her dogs a bath.


 Kate played with homemade play dough (we have been using this same dough for a few weeks now).  I helped punch out some uppercase Ds and a few play dough dogs.



As I have mentioned in the past, Kate loves the If You Give series of books.  We spent some time focused on If You Give a Dog a Donut.

Originally, we were going to make play dough doughnuts, but I had this thin cardboard and decided to draw some doughnuts, cut them out, and decorate them with Kate.

 I ended up doing most of the coloring.
 I flipped them over and let Kate paint and use dot markers to decorate the other side.


That is Kate's dog, Boo.  He enjoyed the doughnuts.  Kate has such pretty hair; I love the way it looks in this picture.  I would love to have hair like that!

To end our doughnut fun, Kate and I made a very special trip to Dunkin Donuts where she had a Boston Cream doughnut and an apple juice because, "If you give a dog a donut, he'll ask for some apple juice to go with it".

 That doughnut is almost as big as her face!  She enjoyed every bite!!!  I read If You Give A Dog A Donut four or five times while she ate!

5 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I think with all these fantastic activities Kate will learn her letters in no time at all! She is so cute when concentrating.

Anonymous said...

awww love the dougnut eating pictures! Looks like a super fun week!

Susana said...

Those little dogs she washed are adorable! I love how small she looks and that tiny green washcloth she's using. She just looks precious. Jesse would have loved those washable dogs too even at four years old.

I can't believe you read the book over and over in the donut shop. That is funny and sweet at the same time. Yes, that donut looks as big as her! Jesse would have eaten it all too and then asked for another :).

I'm so glad you're doing these letter weeks at the same time we are. Even if our letters don't always coincide, it is fun having someone else to do them along with.

And, you forgot...you ended with the ultimate D acitivty...DISNEY!!! You are really taking this letter theme thing to the max, ha ha! Couldn't resist throwing this in. It is too funny y'all are on letter D and at Disney!

Sherri said...

I love that you did D for Donuts...I have a bunch of donut lovers! YOu have the best ideas!! I have missed 2 weeks of letters!? Whooops!

MaryAnne said...

My kids have those ALEX Toys dogs - they love them!

I had a bunch of puzzles like that one as a kid, and really liked them. Haven't found many of them for my kids, unfortunately.