Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Disney World 2013 - Day One

On Wednesday, October 16, Tom, Collin, Reagan, Kate and I woke up very early to get ready, pick Grandma Susan up, and head to the airport for a 7:30 AM flight from Providence to Orlando.

 This was Kate's first time flying.  She did okay.  I brought a few different activities, and she was done with all of them twenty minutes into the flight (the flight was about two hours and twenty minutes)!  I regretted not bringing the DVD player; she would have done much better if she had something to watch.  That being said, she didn't seem to have any ear pain and she could have been much more difficult.  She was really just a bit antsy.  Reagan was a bit antsy on the plane too; I guess she was excited and just couldn't contain that excitement!
 I wasn't going to let her bring her striped cat, but as you see in the above photo, she did bring it, and luckily the cat made it home just fine.  The cat had to stay in the hotel room during the trip!

Speaking of hotels, for this trip we stayed at the Polynesian.


This was our third time staying in that Disney resort.  It has been updated since our last visit, and the decor is much nicer now.  Collin and Reagan made the choice to stay at the Polynesian because they wanted to try out the volcano water slide into the pool.

Even though I have seen this several times now, I always take a picture of the Mickey Mouse towel design when I walk into the room.  It makes me smile!

We found a plate of cupcakes from our travel agent too!  That was a nice surprise.

After changing, we all hopped on the monorail and went to The Magic Kingdom.

I have no idea what Reagan was doing with her arms!  Making Mickey ears????  I'll have to ask her if she remembers?

 This was our second time visiting Disney World in October.  The decorations are so festive!

We were all very excited to be there, and because of our past experiences, we expected to go right to the park and hop on rides.  Well, we have never been during Columbus Day week, and it was much busier than any other time we have been there.  It was also HOT!  After just a short time walking into the park (and without going on a single ride or seeing any attractions), we decided to head back to the hotel and spend some time in the pool!

It was a good decision.  The kids always enjoy the pool.  We spent more time at the pool this visit than we ever have before, and no one complained!





Reagan got her very first hair wrap!  She chose pink, yellow, green, and purple thread with beads of the same colors and a peace sign bead at the end.

 It looks stiff in these pictures, but it softened quickly and fell into place on her head.  She LOVES it, and I think it looks very cute.




Later in the day, we went back to the Magic Kingdom.  

 That's Collin, Reagan, and Grandma on the Aladdin ride.  Kate slept through the whole ride in my arms.

She woke up in time to experience Pirates of the Caribbean, and she really enjoyed it!  She's still talking about Captain Jack.

 The ride got stuck here and we sat for a few minutes before it got going again.  This is a ride we have been stuck on before (Splash Mountain is a ride that we also get stuck on often); I guess certain rides just get stuck regularly?!

Tom and Reagan stayed in the park for a while, but Grandma, Collin, Kate, and I watched Disney's Electrical Parade and then went back to the room.

4 comments:

Sherri said...

We took the kids to Disney Land about 5 years ago, but we have never been to Disney World! We want to take them...but they have memories of long lines..and they don't get very excited about that! I have heard that October was the best time to go...and I have to say...we know at least 5 families from our little school who went the same time as you! :) OOPS!! Sorry you had long lines! It looks like you had a fantastic time regardless of lines?

Jenny said...

I had family at Disney World last week too. How fun! I did see on a crowd calendar that it was very crowded because of the holiday.

MaryAnne said...

This sounds like a fun trip! I have to say, Disney always seems SO exhausting to me - I would be tempted to just stay in the hotel pool all the time. Maybe we should just forget Disney and find a hotel with a good pool!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness what fun! Love Reagan's bathing suit and hair wrap! The electric parade holds a special place in my heart. I apparently loved it so much when I was a little older than Kate that I peed my pants and it splashed all over my parents legs ;-) LOL Looks like everyone had a really great time on the trip!