Friday, October 11, 2013

Letter D Activities

Every day around here is a celebration of Doc McStuffins.  Kate thinks Doc is the best, and I have to admit that as far as television programming for little kids goes, I really don't mind watching this show.  There is always a good message, and more importantly, none of the characters annoy me!  So, I knew that our letter D activities had to begin with a little bit of Doc.



Kate does not have the hand strength yet to use scissors, so I put my hand over her hand to help her do this cutting activity.

Kate's favorite activity these days is giving "check ups".  When she says "check up", it sounds a lot like ketchup - super cute.  She will say, "lay down," and then "roll over," and always tells her patient to take a "deep breath".


I'm the patient here, and obviously Kate is about to listen to my heart.

In addition to a little Doc fun, we did some other Dd activities.

Kate made a collage of dog pictures I cut out of the newspaper and a catalog.

She also sponge painted a dog page.


She wanted to keep painting with that sponge brush, so I gave her the letter Dd page I planned on using with Do A Dot Markers and let her use the sponge brush on that.



I have seen a lot of people put together letter baskets for their tots, and I decided to try it with Kate.  She thought it was a present, and was very excited about it!!  I simply gathered up a bunch of letter D things we had around the house, and also added a few books that I planned to use for the letter D.



I have a few more activities planned!  I hope to get to some of them over the next few days!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously cute!! Sammy loves that show (shh don't tell him its a little girlie).. he is all about stuffed animals!

Sherri said...

Whoo Hooo! Your flying through the alphabet! :)

Susana said...

OK, until Friday I thought you were talking about Doc from Cars. I had no idea this doctor show even existed, but Friday Jesse caught it on Disney and was so excited. I figured out then you were not talking about Doc from Cars! I bet Kate will be so excited to meet her at Disney!