Monday, April 7, 2014

Somethin' 'Bout a Truck


Tyler has his first automobile, and it's a truck.  Tyler likes his country music, and he really, really wanted a truck!  If you listen to country music often enough, then you know the title of this post is also the title of a song by Kip Moore.

Tom spent a lot of time looking for one that was in good shape and also the right price.  I'm so happy he did that for Tyler, and I'm thrilled that I did not have to participate in the search.  Tom also spent an entire day getting the truck, registering it at the RMV, and taking care of the insurance. Tyler is one lucky kid.

One thing funny about this truck is that it is just about the same age as Tyler.  The truck is a 1998 Ford F150.  Tyler was born in 1997, but the one thing I do know (probably the only thing I know) about automobile manufacturing is that the cars are released the year before their date.  So, most likely, Tyler was a newborn when this truck was first for sale.

Tyler has driven the truck, but he is waiting to take his road test, so for now he has to drive with a licensed adult.  I have been in the truck once; I'm so very thankful that Tom has done ALL of the driving observation with Tyler (it's not easy to sit in the passenger seat with someone that has never driven).  He is a good driver now, and only forgets little things like putting the truck in park before trying to turn off the ignition.  I hope Tyler is always as cautious as he has been so far, and I hope he is responsible and safe.  I also hope he enjoys his truck.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the song reference and the Truck! Looks like a great first vehicle for him!

Sherri said...

Wow!! Wow!! Wow!! That is one sharp truck! I am a truck lover as well! And I think all my kids will have a truck as their first vehicle!! I love red too! And I am a country fan! Sounds like we should have been sisters! :)

Sherri said...

Wow!! Wow!! Wow!! That is one sharp truck! I am a truck lover as well! And I think all my kids will have a truck as their first vehicle!! I love red too! And I am a country fan! Sounds like we should have been sisters! :)