Friday, July 11, 2014

Around Here

What a week!

Collin took a robotics class at The Wheeler School in Providence.  The class was Monday - Friday from 9 to 3.  He really enjoyed the class and said he learned a lot.

Kate came with me to drive Collin to and from robotics each day.  On Tuesday, she noticed the Brown University mascot in their athletics complex. She insisted that we visit him for a bit.

Reagan attended field hockey camp from 9-11 each day this week.  Since Reagan and Collin both had activities beginning at 9:00 (one in Somerset and one in Providence), we needed a little help with the logistics.  Grandma Susan was a huge help getting Reagan (and Karlie) to field hockey each day.

 Reagan and Karlie 
I took a bunch of pictures of Reagan, and in most of them she had her eyes closed.


Reagan enjoyed this camp so much that she is asking for her own field hockey stick and hoping to play at Teamworks in the fall.

With Collin and Reagan busy at camps, Kate and I had some time alone.  One morning we went to the playground.  She repeatedly told me that she missed Collin and Reagan!

Karlie, Reagan, Kate and I swam in Grandpa's pool after field hockey one day.  It has been hot all week and the pool was nice!

Today, Reagan went to Howland Beach with Allison.  They saw Karlie there!

I don't have any gymnastics pictures from this week, but I have to mention that Reagan's coach and the owner of the gym both told me that Reagan is "like a totally new gymnast" since moving up to Bronze.  She has more confidence, is trying even harder, and is hitting skills she was unable to do before.  Woo hoo!  I am so proud of her hard work!  I am also THRILLED with Bronze; she has a lot more one on one attention.

Reagan also slept over Karlie's house one night and went to Miranda's house to swim one afternoon.


 After robotics one day, Collin, Kate and I went to Eskimo King.

Eskimo King has great trees!

To celebrate a GREAT week of robotics, we ended the week with a trip to Friendly's!

Phew!  That was a busy week!  I am tired from all of the driving; Kate is certainly tired of the driving too, but she was SO GOOD!  Even though it was an exhausting week, I would not change a thing.  I am VERY grateful for the wonderful opportunities my children have been able to enjoy, and I know they have fun and learn so much from these camps.  They have met new friends, tried new activities, and learned new skills.  So, maybe we are all a bit tired, but we are all very happy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great week! So glad to hear Reagan loved field hockey! I was a goalie in high school :-) yay on her trying even harder in bronze! Robotics camp sounds awesome too!