Friday, July 25, 2014

Around Here


Collin and I went to the library recently for a special event run by the Museum of Science all about rockets.  Collin made a balloon rocket and launched it to Mars.

 One VERY HOT and HUMID day this week (Tuesday), Collin, Reagan, Kate and I went to Grand Prix.  We rode the bumper cars and bumper boats; this was Kate's first time on both.  I drove with Kate, and Collin and Reagan each drove their own cars/boats.

We also played mini golf.  We made it through eleven holes before we all decided it was just too hot.  Plus, Kate was really done after about three holes!

 Collin hit a hole in one!!!


We also visited the game room.  I think it's weird that my kids don't really play games.  They put tokens in machines that mostly just spit out tickets.  What's the fun in that?  Oh well, that's what they like.  They get tickets so they can trade them in for junk that would have been much cheaper to just buy.

On Wednesday, Reagan went to Canobie Lake Park with Allie and Allie's parents.  They had a great time!




I went to my car yesterday morning to clean it out before heading to Plymouth for the whale watch.  I was greeted by this GIANT spider, and if you look closely you can see the web.  YIKES! I was able to get the spider to crawl onto a paper towel so that I could release it in the grass, but I did screech a few times.  

Speaking of the whale watch, I forgot to write about Kate's friend.  During the boat ride back to land, we went inside (to warm up) and Kate walked over to this little boy, sat next to him, and held his hand.  It was very funny.  She certainly isn't as shy as she used to be!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

whew what a week!! I love that log flume picture! The story of Kate and the boy is too cute!

Sherri said...

That is the best spider picture! I could see every detail...of him and the web! Do you have a fancy camera? I need a fancy one...I still just have a point and shoot!

St Louis is typically super hot in the summer...but we have been pleasant this summer! Those sweaty pictures reminded me of how blessed we really are!

That log picture is awesome!!

I really need to try mini golfing again! I tried 4 or 5 years ago..and only Brooke and Chelsea could do it!