Saturday, July 19, 2014

Mud Race

Tom ran in the Samurai Sprint Mud Run this morning.


It was fun to see him complete some of the obstacles; I wish we could have seen all of the obstacles!

Reagan actually went to the race with Karlie because Karlie's family was there cheering on Karlie's aunt.  While we were there, Reagan decided she wanted to run the kids' mud race with Karlie.  The kids' race was the final quadrant of the adult race.

The woman behind Reagan in the above photo is Karlie's aunt, Ashley.  She ran through the kids' race with Karlie and Reagan.


They both did great!  I'm so proud of them for running this race.

Tom captured most of Reagan's race on video:


The race was held at Westport Rivers Vineyard, and it was a nice place to hang out for a while.

The kids ate cotton candy, shaved ice, hot dogs, chips, and popcorn.  Is there anything better than being a kid in the summer?  Running around barefoot and eating lots of junk on a beautiful day; what could be better?!

Reagan tried out the rock wall.

Kate enjoyed hanging out with Karlie's siblings.  They are three year old triplets.  I cannot even imagine having three three year old children all at the same time.  Anyway, Kate, Kayla, Korinne, and Kamden were all sitting in a row until I took the picture.

Collin did not run the race, but he was not to be outdone during our time there.  There was a table set up to advertise a race that includes puzzle challenges.  We saw many people (mostly adults) visit the table and attempt to solve this puzzle without any success.

Collin solved it in a matter of minutes.  It may not have even been minutes; I turned away and he was done!  The people running the table were shocked!  I was not; Collin has a very mathematical, logical, puzzle oriented brain.  Nice work, Collin!

It was a GREAT day!  Reagan's day has not ended yet!  As I type, she is still out with Karlie's family.  They went to a camp ground in Carver to swim and enjoy a Christmas in July theme at the camp site.

She is going to be WIPED OUT when she gets home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun!! That mud run looks awesome!!

Sherri said...

HaaHaa! I love that you guys got to visit Santa in JUly! I'm surprised he isn't dressed in swim trunks! ;)

My girls really wanted me to sign us all up for a mud run...(all being them, me and Mark)..but I didn't! It looks like a blast...maybe we will try it next year!?