Friday, July 25, 2014

Whale Watch

This was our crew for the whale watch yesterday.

Uncle George, Pete, Riley, Denise, Kate, Collin, Me, Reagan, Grandma Susan, Auntie Diane, and Auntie Cyn

The boat left out of Plymouth Harbor and we drove for one hour, hung out in whale territory for two hours, and then drove back.  That means we were on the boat for four hours!  When I heard that, I was a little nervous about how Kate would do in one place for four hours, but she did great. It was a wonderful experience for all of us, and a fantastic day to share with family!

The water was a little rough out in whale territory.  Collin and Riley both had headaches, and I have to admit that my stomach would have preferred less rolling and calmer water, but no one got sick.





 I think Kate had the MOST fun!  She loved being on the boat, and the minute we boarded she told me she saw a pink whale with pink eyes and a purple whale!!!

 It got cold out there!
 Reagan loves Uncle George.  They took a little "nap" on the boat.






The whales were so close to the boat; it was amazing.  We saw mostly humpback whales, but there were a few other whales in the distance.  

Here is a video I took:
I was happy to see whales so close to the boat because Kate was not really able to see the whales that were in the distance (although she said she saw them).  When we got close to the whales, Kate asked if she could swim with them.  I held on to her SO tight because she kept squirming and telling me she was going swimming.  YIKES!  I was a bit nervous about Collin and Reagan on the boat too, but everyone made it back to land without incident!

Overall, it was a wonderful day and a great experience!!!  I am so happy we went.  A HUGE thank you to Auntie Cyn for inviting us to come along on a trip that was originally supposed to be just her, Uncle George, Pete, Denise, and Riley.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVED watching the videos! How awesome that you got to see them so close up!!

Sherri said...

It is so fun to see you in the pictures! Your gorgeous!! I want to go whale watching like super bad! I can't believe how many you saw! Great pictures!

Sherri said...

It is so fun to see you in the pictures! Your gorgeous!! I want to go whale watching like super bad! I can't believe how many you saw! Great pictures!