Thursday, September 4, 2014

Firsts and Lasts - Another School Year Begins

Another school year began this week.  As much as I try to freeze time, or just hold on to a certain day, I don't have that kind of power, and so time goes on and these kids just keep getting older.  Even though it can be sad for me at times that they are getting so old, I am very grateful for their health and all of the wonderfulness that is wrapped up in each one of them.  

Reagan and Collin started school on Tuesday.

Reagan has Mrs. Ashton for third grade this year.  Collin had her, so we know exactly what to expect, and we are looking forward to a great year!

This picture of Reagan and Kate is just too funny.  Kate has been obsessed with Reagan's new shoes, and she was angry because she wanted to wear them!

Collin has Mrs. Ahern for fifth grade: I haven't met her yet, but Collin likes her so far.  Fifth graders are grouped by ability for math, and Collin has Mrs. French for his top level math class.  I'm still having a hard time grasping the fact that this is his LAST year of elementary school.







They both like their new teachers, and they have friends in their classes.  Reagan is still sad that a bunch of her friends were redistricted to Chace, but I'm sure we will be making plans to see them, and in the meantime, she is happy to have some other friends in her class.

I didn't make a special breakfast on the first day this year, so I had my heart set on a special after school treat.  My original plan was to make school buses out of Twinkies, but I couldn't find Twinkies.  I did find Madeleine cookies, and I was running out of time so I made do.

Collin and Reagan had no idea what they were!!!  When I told them they were school buses, they said they "kind of look like buses"!!!

Tyler started school on Wednesday.  Another last - his last year of high school.  I just don't feel like that is possible, but it's true.


He was thrilled to pause for a picture as he headed out, and he only let me take one!!!

I am looking forward to all that this school year is sure to bring, and I hope that they learn a lot, work hard, do their best, make new friends, and enjoy their time in school.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Back to school! Summers over!!
Such bittersweet!
Love the pictures!
Even Tylers! :)
You have a very good looking family...and they are all well rounded! :)
I love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Your children are just to cute! I can't believe Collin will be in middle school next year and Tyler will be graduating! Crazy!