Sunday, September 21, 2014

Kate's Birthday Party

Grandma Susan hosted Kate's third birthday party, and we all had a wonderful time!  

Kate's cake came from Pattie Cake, and it was a vanilla cake with vanilla filling (Kate's favorite flavor).

That is one HUGE Minnie Mouse balloon!  It is still hanging around our house, and I have jumped a few times when I walked around a corner or into a dark room and saw it out of the corner of my eye!

Minnie came to celebrate with us!  Kate was thrilled!!!


Minnie's helper played music, made balloons, and gave the kids tattoos.




Dad even got a balloon sword!








After Minnie left, it was time for cake!



The above picture is my absolute favorite of the entire day.  Kate was so excited about her birthday, her cake, everyone singing to her, and everything else about the party; the look on her face conveys all of her excitement and happiness, and I just love how precious and sweet and innocent and full of joy she looks in that single picture!  

Kate opened all of her presents and we headed home.  After getting into a new nightgown, Kate started playing at her new easel.  I mentioned that it was time for bed and Kate yelled, "I'm not tired!".  Less than two minutes later, she was fast asleep.
I think her third birthday was absolutely perfect in every way!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kate!! What an awesome party! :-)

Sherri said...

WOW!! WOW!! WOW!!
How lucky! Minnie as a guest??? Amazing! I loved her cake! Great pictures of a perfect day! She is my all time favorite sleeper! :)