Thursday, September 4, 2014

Z is for Zoo and Zebra

We had plans to go to the Roger Williams Park Zoo last week, so we skipped over the letter Y, and started Z for Zoo and Zebra.  We actually saw zebras too, so that was kind of cool.



Kate loves animals.  She really enjoyed feeding the goats; she hugged, pet, brushed, fed, and snuggled them as much as she could.  I thought for sure this was her favorite part of the zoo, but she insists that she liked seeing the zebras and giraffes the most.  





I gave Kate two Z for zebra pages to be used two different ways.  She used dot markers for the first page, and label stickers for the second page.  This was the first time she did this with the stickers, and she did really well.  Kate was able to peel the stickers herself and place them within the circles on the page.



 Kate did some math by counting animal crackers.


She kept asking to glue something, so I figured why not glue the animal crackers onto the paper! She was thrilled!

We only have one letter left - Y!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

I never get tired of the zoo!
And I am proud of you for finishing your letters!!
Way to go momma!!

Anonymous said...

What fun! I love the pictures of Kate with the goats. I remember Sammy at that age walking around and snuggling the goats too :-)