Friday, September 19, 2014

Kate is Three!

Last Friday (September 12th) was Kate's third birthday.  

I can't help but feel like she went from this:
The day she was born.


to this:
overnight.  

For the record, Kate agreed to wear the "three" shirt for this picture, and then took it off and put on a dress.  She is in an "I only wear dresses" phase.  

For months, she talked about having a Minnie Mouse birthday party.  I kept asking if she was sure about the theme, and she always said yes....until I ordered a Minnie Mouse cake and decorations. Luckily, she went back to Minnie Mouse, and she was certain about her decision!  Phew!



I assembled this adorable house the night before, and she was very excited about it in the morning! It is getting a lot of use; I'm very happy with it!





The house came with markers to decorate the outside, but she hasn't had any interest in doing that yet.  She did color a little on the inside.





Kate was very happy with her gifts!  In addition to the house, we also gave her a name puzzle, Minnie Mouse Memory, a Minnie Mouse dress up doll, and a Calico Critters carrying case/house.

Kate's birthday breakfast was Six Sisters Funfetti Birthday Pancakes.


If you log in to the blog, you can see our Happy Birthday song here.

You will also see and hear Kate singing to herself (I love this so much; it is so very sweet that she sang to herself) and you will see and hear Collin telling her not to sing to herself.  I almost stopped the singing and told her that she ABSOLUTELY could sing to herself, but I didn't.




After Collin and Reagan left for school, Kate spent some time playing in her house, and then we went to one of her favorite places - the Fall River Children's Museum.

After the museum, Kate helped me make Minnie Mouse marshmallow treats.



I am SO incredibly happy that I get to spend every day with this sweet, funny, loving, kind, adorable, vanilla ice cream loving three year old because she is just awesome and I cannot imagine my life without her and all of the joy she brings each day.

This didn't happen on her birthday, but the other day, she just started singing "Mommy, mommy, I love you.  Mommy, mommy, I love you," and because she kept singing it, I was able to capture it on video.   My heart melted.
 
She is just so sweet!!!

Stay tuned for more about Kate's third birthday!!!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Those marshmallow Mouse treats are just too cute for words! I can't believe she is 3!! Where does the time go!? Crazy! I love the dress only stage!! I don't think any of my wee boys will go through that ...and I miss it! I guess we will miss everything as they pass through it and never come back...just like that awesome poem you posted!

Anonymous said...

Those Mini treats are adorable! That house looks like so much fun!