Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A Wreath for the Birds

Kate and Collin put bird seed, oats, cranberries, and water in a bundt pan.


 If you look closely at the above picture, you can see Kate's spoonful of bird seed flying through the air.  Yes, I had to sweep after this!

 I wish she would keep a barrette in her hair; it's always in her eyes!




 We let it freeze, then I ran a little warm water over the back side of the pan until the wreath popped out.
Now it is hanging in our front yard.  It is pretty to look at now, and as it melts, the birds will enjoy it too.

7 comments:

Karen Wilson said...

This is cool!

MaryAnne said...

This is such a neat idea - very pretty, too!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea!! I love how pretty this turned out (and practical)!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea!! I love how pretty this turned out (and practical)!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

It's been a while since I visited! Love this wreath idea, and I can't believe it's that cold in MA. We are having crazy warm winter, and now officially in drought :(

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

It really is pretty. I wish we'd cool down enough to be able to do some frozen fun this winter - Montana is having a ridicously warm winter - beautiful - but too warm for ice crafts.

Sherri said...

I love that Kate was putting seeds in Collin's hair! At my house we would have ended up in a full out seed fight! How did you keep it down to a minimum? I love that the birds are enjoying your beautiful wreath!