Friday, January 10, 2014

I is for Ice Cream

Our current theme is I is for Ice Cream.  The ice cream scoops and cones are popular around here. We have had them since Collin was Kate's age.  Inside each scoop is the corresponding color word. They are from Learning Resources.  We are missing two of the scoops - red and brown, but the set has held up really well.

Kate loved scooping snow into her play ice cream cones.  I refilled the snow bowl three times.  This was a great way for her to play in the snow without getting cold.  She scooped, dumped, and scooped again for a long time.

 Kate received this PlayDoh ice cream set for Christmas.

 Her favorite part of the set is definitely the whipped cream.

Collin and Reagan joined her later in the day.  Everyone enjoyed making ice cream treats.

They had some real ice cream too, but I didn't get any good pictures of that!

 She colored and glued together her own ice cream cone.


Here she is "reading" Curious George Goes to an Ice Cream Shop.  She is very good at retelling stories right now, and also very good at making up her own stories to go along with books she is not familiar with yet.

We had this ice cream cone chalk that Kate thought was kind of neat.


I made her ice cream for breakfast.  

Kate also enjoyed stringing alphabet beads this week.  Her attention span allowed us to string A-K; she did all of the stringing, I just handed her the letters.




The letter stringing set is made by Alex Toys.  It's cute, and Kate seems to enjoy it.  The stringing is great fine motor work.

4 comments:

MaryAnne said...

That ice cream play dough set looks like one my kids would enjoy!

Sherri said...

Now I see why you made the special ice cream waffle just for Kate...that lucky girl! When we get to I....I am totally doing ice cream...although we may never get to I ...since we can't even get past our current letter....A! :)

Ticia said...

It's the look of intense concentration that amuses me. She always looks so intent.

Anonymous said...

I love that ice cream playdough set! So fun!! I love the waffle banana ice cream cone!!