Thursday, January 30, 2014

Cousin Sandra Visits - Candy Sushi

 My cousin, Sandra, lives in Florida, and is here visiting family for a few days.  Her father and my mother are siblings.  I'm so happy (and so are the kids) that she had some time to visit us today!  It's always so nice to see her.

Today, she read the kids a book about Chinese New Year and then taught them how to make candy sushi.  Here is how awesome she is - she came all the way from Florida and brought all of the supplies  with her today - Fruit Roll Ups, Rice Krispies treats, pop rocks, and the book!








All four kids made and ate the candy sushi, and they LOVED it.  I think we will be making this again!

3 comments:

MaryAnne said...

What a great idea! We need to try this!

Anonymous said...

Yum!!! This looks like a super fun activity!

Sherri said...

I love all of this!